|The Special Permits office operates within the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure. The Special Permits Office is responsible for the assessment of road transport requests and the issuance of special permits for oversize, overmass and otherwise non-conforming vehicle configurations which fall outside the prescribed limits of the Motor Vehicle Act, the Highway Act and subsidiary regulations, to ensure the safe transportation of these vehicles while protecting the interests of the traveling public and the infrastructure. For more information on eligibility, fees and more Click Here
The following oversize and non-conforming permit types will self-issue from SNB, Trucking and Transport permit application internet site, upon payment of permit fee:
All other oversize or overmass vehicle permits will be issued within 2 business days, or the applicant will be contacted by the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure, Special Permits Office.
- OS-STD – OVERSIZE STANDARD (4.27 m width X 30 m length X 4.5 m height)
- OS-MH – OVERSIZE STANDARD MANUFACTURED HOUSING (4.72 m width X 30 m length X 4.5 m height)
- OS-CB – OVERSIZE STANDARD COMMERCIAL BOAT (4.72 m width X 30 m length X 4.5 m height)
- ALL NON-CONFORMING PERMITS (NC)
- CR- CLOSED ROAD (SECTION OF ROUTES : 102, 105, ROUTE 106, ROUTE 112, HOMESTEAD)