Under the Employment Standards Act, all employers of foreign workers in New Brunswick are required to register with the Employment Standards Branch at the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour.
This includes employers who do their own recruitment and those who engage the services of immigration consultants, employment agencies and other third party recruiters, both in Canada and in another country.
The only exception from this requirement is the Crown.
Please note that this registration requirement is unrelated to, and has no effect on employer’s applications to federal government foreign worker programs, such as the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program.
There is no cost to register.
Length of registration and renewal
Registrations are valid for one calendar year and employers are required to update their registration information on an annual basis on or before the anniversary date of their registrations. The Employment Standards Branch will mail reminders to provide an update four weeks before the expiry of the registration.
Failure to register is subject to administration penalties under the Employment Standards Act.
Uses of information
Please be aware that, under the Employment Standards Act, the information collected in this registry is subject to the following uses:
1. For the purposes of administering and enforcing the New Brunswick Employment Standards Act or similar legislation of another jurisdiction with respect to foreign workers, the Minister may disclose the information collected to:
- Other provincial departments;
- Provincial agencies and corporations, including WorkSafeNB;
- The Government of Canada;
- The governments of other provinces and territories;
- Another country or state or territory of that country; and/or
- Law enforcement agencies.
2. The information collected may be used to:
- Provide employment development programs;
- Inform labour market information; and
- Identify candidates for permanent residency in the Province.
For further information, please visit our webpage:
If you have any questions or would like assistance in completing the form, please contact the Employment Standards Branch:
Monday to Friday: 8:15 am - 4:30 pm
In Fredericton: 506-453-3902
Toll free: 1-888-452-2687
1. All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.
2. Complete Section 2 for each type of position being filled.
3. Each section of this questionnaire is subject to a 12 minute timeout. You will receive a warning message that your session is about to end.
Please make sure that you have all the required information before beginning to complete the questionnaire. If you wish to keep a copy of the information submitted for your file, please make sure to print each section individually before continuing to the next screen of the registry.